Sunday, January 8, 2012

I'm having problems installing extensions to my Google chrome?

I'd appreciate some help. I'm trying to install extensions to my Google chrome web browser and keep getting the following error





Extension install failure


Could not create directory for unzipping c:\docume~1\user\LOCALS~\Temp\scoped_dir鈥?br>




how can I fix this problem?





Thank you|||A temporary solution is that in your Windows enviroment variable setting, change the


default value of "TMP" and "TMEP" to "C:\Temp" (make sure you have created a folder


under C: directory).


Then, any extensions will be installed successfully without the current fail msg.





For a permanent solution download the latest version of google chrome..|||Its trying to install it in the "temp" folder on your comp. Simple fix would be the temp file is full %26amp; just need to delete some stuff and try it again...but easy is never the easy way =(....the extension could have an error written into the code so it can't properly install. You could delete it %26amp; re download it. Unzipp the file your self then try the setup/install.





Too many possibilities, trail n error my friend....or just download firefox ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment