Thursday, January 19, 2012

Does Google Chrome have a compatibility mode or app/extension?

I work for a company that posts important information online for employees to see. I use a Mac, and the page that I need for work does not load on Mac OS oriented browsers. I tried Safari and Google Chrome and neither browser loaded my page correctly.



Does Google Chrome have a compatibility mode or app/extension similar to that of IE 9 that I can install?Does Google Chrome have a compatibility mode or app/extension?
Anthony,



Without seeing code, it is rather difficult to make suggestions...you've hit the standards compliance wall with MSIE, unfortunately though. All web developers know to first code for standards compliant browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari) and after the code is up to snuff in those browsers, THEN you go back and apply the conditional hacks needed to get MSIE to render.

No comments:

Post a Comment