Sunday, January 1, 2012

Can i host google chrome extensions on my site?

I'm creating a website with 2 subdomains, arabic and english, I want to add a search engine to each one. (ar.mysite.com) and (en.mysite.com) Now in the arabic subdomain I'm having a little problem, you see it's hard for an arabic user to type in arabic, more than 70% of lebanese people (they are my main target in the arebic section) don't know how to use arabic keyboard (and I am one of them. That's why we often use yamli.com, and we can add it's search engine to our webpage so when you type an arabic word in english, it will be translated to arabic automatically. (If you didn't get it, go to yamli.com and give it a try) But i have a subdomain and I cannot search a subdomain with yamly, however I can do that with google cse.





yamli has developed a google chrome extension which let you enable yamli on every search engine





https://chrome.google.com/extensions/det鈥?/a>





But if a user doesn't have this extension he wouldn't have this option, and who uses this extension are a minority. So here's my question, can I host chrome extensions on my website? in other words could I insert this extension into my site so that each time a user visit my site, he would be able to press on that button and enable this extension on cse?





I don't think so but I'm just asking :D|||I doubt it, but you could always provide a link to the extension.

No comments:

Post a Comment